Los Multicaminos de la vida / The Multiways of life

Visitame Donde Estoy! Visit Me Where I am!

Sunday, June 14, 2009

And Then Dexter Happened To Me....


Todo empezó una noche en la que estaba cansada y aburrida. Quería ver algo bueno en la televisión. Me topé con un anuncio de Showtime acerca de cómo ellos presentarán cada Domingo la primera temporada de Dexter. Los que tienen una subscipción a Showtime pueden verla gratis On Demand. Entonces la ordeno On Demand pensando que no me va a gustar. Nunca me había llamado la atención y no tengo un interés particular en el Horror. Pero encontré el primer episodio tan provocador como muy pocas series y películas. No puede dejar de verla. No dormí. Pasé los próximos dias viendo la temporada 1 completa y la mitad de la temporada 2. La serie, si no la han visto es cómica, misteriosa, emocionante. En una opinión muy personal es brillante. No es muy extraña. No es muy real. Es exacta, y de alguna manera me volví adicta a ella. Solo espero que Showtime me deje ver el resto. Y ahí va el dicho: nunca juzgues a un libro por su portada. La foto de arriba es de la promoción que ví en el 2006. La foto de abajo es más como lo que es, y tal vez me hubiese animado más a verla. Todo ese misterio, acción, cosas inesperadas, secretos que se revelan poco a poco, como una flor que se abre; y cuando piensas que la flor está totalmente abierta, ahí es donde te das cuenta que es solo el principio de buscar lo que está escondido detrás de cada pétalo. Espero con ansias el final de la temporada 2, la temporada 3 completa y la 4 que empieza este otoño. Se nota que me he vuelto adicta, cierto? Yo lo noto. Pero pasará. Mientras tanto disfruto a Dexter.

*******************************************
It all began one night when I was bored and tired. I wanted to watch something good on TV. So I bump into this
Showtime commercial about how they're beginning to show Dexter's season 1 every Sunday. Showtime subscribers can see it On Demand for free. So I order it On Demand thinking I won't like it. It never called my attention and I'm not particularly interested in horror. But I found this very first episode so provoking like very few shows and even movies do. I couldn't stop watching. I didn't sleep. I continued for the next few days to watch the entire season 1 and half of season 2. The series, if you haven't seen it is comical, mysterious, exiting. It is in my most personal opinion brilliant. It's a piece of work. It's not too odd. It's not too real. It's just right, and I got somewhat addicted to it. So, basically I'm just waiting for Showtime to let me see the rest. And there goes that saying: never judge a book by its cover. The picture above is the ad I saw back in 2006. The picture below is more like it really is, and I think that maybe it would've made me more inclined to see it then. All that mystery, action, things you never expected, secrets that are revealed little by little like a flower blooming; and just when you think that the flower might be totally exposed, that's really just the beginning of having to go through every layer. I can't wait to watch the end of season 2, the complete season 3, and the 4 that's coming out this fall. You can tell that I'm addicted, can't you? I can. But I know it'll pass. Meanwhile, I'm just enjoying me some Dexter.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well enjoy.
And btw I just love the picture , the one below, is so funny. I'm intrigued though, I wonder don't they ever catch Dexter?

Unknown said...

Hehehe....ummm... I hope they don't!!

Baakanit said...

Mucha gente que conozco la ve. Pero yo todavía no me decido, como que quiero ahorrarme esas horitas para ver a Mad Men o In Treatment, vainas mías.

Saludos

Unknown said...

Dexter es buenísima, but WARNING! highly addictive. Nunca había escuchado de Mad Men, pero se ve interesante.

Amanecer en Santo Domingo/Sunrise in Santo Domingo

Amanecer en Santo Domingo/Sunrise in Santo Domingo

All Rights Reserved/Todos Los Derechos Reservados

Creative Commons License
Multifaceted Blogger by Anel Vicente is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.

All pictures on this blog have been taken from Google. If they aren't, they will be expressed in the MultiPictures/MultiFotos labels. Those are of my possesion and cannot be distributed, published, altered or taken without my written consent.

MultiFollowers